CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Relationships

I absolutely love my life. I love my husband who is so good to me. I love my amazing sweet beautiful little girls. They teach me something new everyday. I was talking with my friend Ember. Her brother had just passed away. We were talking on the phone and she reminded me that yes we take our knowledge back with us but there is one more thing: it is our relationships that we take back with us as well. That is something I have always known but for some reason it made me slow down and think about my life. I get stressed sometimes about things that I just cant always control. But I can control how I spend my time with my kiddies. I just cant put into words how much I love them, I breathe for them, I literally live for them, my life is for them right now. Thats my job. And since I feel that way I really dont want to mess this time with them up by being obsessed with "accomplishing" something that day at their expense. I've been noticing that by me being patient when they wont let me finish ONE task and putting their feelings first before my drive for "success" is really a huge accomplishment/investment for our relationship now and the trust/bond they have with me for the future will be greater. Its just a small daily investment in the emotional bank account that is going to make our relationships rich and fulfiling later on. And I think thats what a successful mom is. When all is said and done the dust will still be there, laundry and all that grime on the windows but my kids....they will be grown up and gone. So Im thinking I better be good to them now so they'll be good to me later. :)

1 comments:

Gledtimes said...

Right on!! You are soooo wise.